Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Been slacking, but for good reason

Ok, I know I said that I would be more attentive to the blog, but live just gets busy and my plate gets full. There's only so much to time in the day when I'm nursing, feeding solids, getting Logan ready for naps, bath and doing bedtime. Can't even count the times that he gets into something he shouldn't!

The good thing is... I'm here, posting now. Phew! It will be short, maybe, but sweet!

Over the weekend we went up to Bandon and Coos Bay, Or. Chris' parent's went with us. We went to the Wildlife Park on Saturday. Logan thoroughly enjoyed himself. He just kept pointing at all the animals. It was so awesome to see such wonder on his face! Had lunch at Dairy Queen... Must remember what made Chris and Dad laugh over and over during our trip... Later that evening we went to the mall (wasn't much to be had), had dinner at Captain's Choice and then Logan played in the pool with Chris and his parents.

Logan did really well considering he only napped for about an hour that afternoon. He ended up going to bed a bit later than normal (8:30) and slept til 5:30, which is much earlier than normal. Can't complain too much though since he slept in his pack n play and he very rarely sleeps in it. It's 99% in the crib for naps and night sleep.
We had breakfast at the hotel. Logan had waffle and sausage for the first time. Oh and some raspberry yogurt. Bet you can't guess what his favorite was?!!... After breakfast Logan took a 45min nap and then we got in the car to try to find a coffee place called "Java The Hut". We go to a local coffee place, daily, called Java Hut. Too bad we never found it. Bummer! We ended up going to the Human Bean. Told them what was in my drink and the Barista attempted to recreate, but it wasn't even close... to my uber yummy haystacker!!

Stopped in Bandon on our way home. It was so nice and sunny! So glad we didn't listen to the weather report. It said there was a 60% chance of rain.. Only sprinkled on us once, the night before. Bandon is such a pretty, little coastal town! We walked around old town. First stop was a candy store, of course. I bought some sea foam candy and Chris picked salt water taffy. Our favs! Spent about an hour or 2 there.

Had lunch in Gold Beach at a place down at the dock, by the name of the Port Hole! Yummy food and awesome fellowship! So glad we decided to chance the rain and go anyway. Awesome memories were made....








2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary. I see you are a follower of my blog Thrice Blessed. I will be making my blog private on Monday, if you would like to continue reading I can send you an invite. Please send me your email address if you are interested to: amanda.thriceblessed@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete