Monday, February 7, 2011

My Morning

I have this love/hate relationship with can openers. I know, I find it pretty weird also. For the life of me, I can't keep from breaking them. Maybe I've got super woman powers that I'm unable to rein in when it comes to the daintiest of the said can opener.

Doesn't matter the price of the can opener. Could be $2.00 or $20.00, I'm gonna break the thing, very soon!! In the just the last 2 months alone, we've had to replace the can opener 3 times. Doesn't that seem excessive??!!

Today was the day. I was getting things in the crock pot for chili. That's tons of cans to open... pinto beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili beans. Wasn't even able to get one can open before it fell apart, literally. I was turning the handle and it became extremely loose and fell off... along with all the shiny, medal parts that make it turn. Ugh, why am I so destructive?!!

Had to make a quick dash to Walmart and thankfully it was quiet and not busy. We ended up going for an electric can opener this time. So far so good. I was able to open 7 cans and it STILL works. It's a miracle... HAHAHA

The chili was really yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment