Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Photo editing... A journey

I have primarily used Flickr as my sole place for editing. I use it as a hosting site so it just seemed easier to do it all there.


Well, I decided I should try to start using my PSE. I follow a blog of lady who posts about her family life. Her photos are awesome and her kiddos are the cutest... Not as cute as my son that is! She had a few PSE tutorials on her blog so I went ahead and followed her instructions and I was able to boost my color, convert to black and white and also a brown toned black and white. I could totally follow her directions... Why couldn't I do more.


Then I got lazy (sort of) and decided I would give downloading actions ONE MORE TRY. I usually get frustrated with them since I'm not very hip when it comes to the computer. Hope I'm not alone. I found a video tutorial and was able to upload both sets of the Pioneer Woman actions... and I'm loving them!! Why, oh why did I wait so long to do that.


Can I blame it on having a busy life or maybe that I have a very active baby. Nope, I think it was just pure laziness on my part (sort of). I'm just glad I was able to try one more time.


See it's good to never give up! Keep trying, keep trying, keep trying.. Sung to the tune of "Keep Swimming" from "Finding Nemo"! Since I have these new fun actions to try out, I've been using my camera lots more. Oh and I also figured out how to resize my photos for blogger so that way they'd be bigger! I'm so movin' up in the world!!

Here's one of me just snapping photos in the car over the weekend. I wasn't the driver at the time, of course. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. Are you using Pioneer Woman tutorials then? Is that the blog you were referring to? I'm trying to learn more about editing photos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and this one has LOTS of useful info..
    http://www.iheartfaces.com/

    ReplyDelete