Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cooking/baking to try in 2011

I am not a great cook, by any means. I've never made pie dough from scratch and I think all great cooks can do that, among many other things! I can cook and bake fairly well though... No complaints from the people who eat my food, yet.

So here's a list of some things I want to try this year, in no particular order:

1. English muffins
2. Cinnamon rolls
3. Chili Verde
4. Salsa
5. Shortbread
6. Caramel popcorn
7. Chicken and dumplings
8. Eggnog truffles
9. Pizza dough
10. Samoas
11. Risotto
12. Cheesecake

I know it's not a very ambitious list, but I gotta take baby steps. See how I only choose 12... One for each month of this year. I feel good about accomplishing that! Hmmmm.... Wonder what will be made this month??!!!!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/Artisan-Bread-In-Five-Minutes-A-Day.aspx has a great (free) pizza dough recipe. Lots of peas are 5 minute artisan bakers so you'd be able to get answers to questions. That might be a good one to try first - it's easy! Have fun cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be curious to know how you make English Muffins...all I do is buy them at the store and pop them in the toaster!

    I'll have to follow along to see how it's done!
    Happy baking!!

    ReplyDelete